But even in the absence of American leadership; even as this Administration joins a small handful of nations that reject the future; I’m confident that our states, cities, and businesses will step up and do even more to lead the way, and help protect for future generations the one planet we’ve got.
All-of-us were already suffering withdrawal symptoms from our loss of true leadership. Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement just made it worse. President Barack Obama is right and governors are already filling the leadership vacuum. According to CNN, the governors who have vowed to honor the Paris Climate Agreement are:
- Charlie Baker, Massachusetts
- Jerry Brown, California
- Kate Brown, Oregon
- Andrew Cuomo, New York
- John Hickenlooper, Colorado
- David Y. Ige, Hawaii
- Jay Inslee, Washington
- Dannel P. Malloy, Connecticut
- Terry McAuliffe, Virginia
- Gina M. Raimondo, Rhode Island
All-of-us must make sure that list keeps growing.
- Read up on where your Governor stands. This article is also useful.
- Call your Governor. Using the script below, which is unique based on your Governor’s position.