Nice work! The Wall-of-Us we built stopped mean Mitch McConnell from jamming Trump(don’t)Care through before the July 4th recess. We dealt a blow, and now we need to kill the bill that would, if passed, kill Americans. But Senate Republicans aren’t giving up--they have applied lipstick to a pig and sent the Congressional Budget Office outlines of a “revised” bill for review. As we head into the July 4th recess, the momentum is on our side--McConnell doesn’t have the votes, and all-of-us must keep it that way. Let’s show the GOP some fireworks this recess.
- Read this brief summary from Axios on the current state of play. (1-2 minutes)
- If you are a medical professional, check out the House Calls Campaign. If you are not, share widely!
- Brush up on the deets for how Trump(Don’t)Care would affect your state here. (1-2 minutes)
- Visit your senators during the July 4th recess. You can see if they are holding Town Halls here and use these sample questions.
- Can’t visit--then call your senators using the info and scripts below: