The House GOP unveiled its budget this week and it is just as ugly as Trump’s budget released last May--it steals from the working class and poor to give massive tax cuts to the rich. Specifically, the House GOP budget proposes to freeze pell grants to college students, take funding from people with disabilities, and eliminate funding for environmental clean-up of toxic waste sites. It isn’t time to call your Representatives just yet, but we can’t kick back either. We need to start preparing to resist this budget now.
- Study up on what Trump’s budget does to your state or district, prepared by our friends at the Center for American Progress.
- Pell Grant freeze by state
- People with disabilities by congressional district
- Housing cost-burdened households by congressional district
- SNAP participation by congressional district
- Job losses from infrastructure cuts by state
- Asthma rates by state
- Toxic waste sites by congressional district